*Agenda is subject to change
Registration and refreshments
Chair’s opening remarks
Building resilience and future-proofing your brand through purpose led advertising
- Responding to today’s audience to stay ahead of the competition and stay relevant
- Building a sustainable brand in every sense for the conscientious consumer
- Developing creative and purposeful advertising that truly engages with a global audience
In media we trust? Data, targeting and regulations in media post-2020
- What is the industry doing to protect consumer privacy and improve the trustworthiness of news, information and media?
- What does the future hold for ad serving, ad-buying, and consumer targeting?
- What infrastructure will support the cookie-less future if real-time bidding is no longer available?
Do brands care enough about what their advertising is funding?
- Understanding your supply chain for greater transparency, brand safety, and ethical practice
- Quality over quantity: investing in brand building to generate long-term results and buy-in on your values from consumers
- How can ethical practice generate a more sustainable business model and drive revenue?
Audience insights: an art or a science?
- Generating profound yet scalable insights for maximum business impact
- Ensuring effective brand messaging by understanding more about your audience
- What data sets can tell us to test and optimise media placement more creatively
Creativity in the modern media ecosystem
Join this interactive panel to look back over the truly impactful advertising campaigns from 2010 and 2020 that had a competitive edge through creativity and innovation.
- What made it a success?
- Which channels were used?
- How was the creative translated?
Discuss your expectations for the next decade in creative and media to make the ‘roaring twenties’ the greatest decade of all.
Measuring the ROI of your media spend to demonstrate impact to the board
- Building a full understanding of the funnel and where to spend for a holistic channel strategy
- Moving beyond attribution and econometrics modelling to more agent-based modelling
- Demonstrating impact through data consolidation, visualisation, reporting and analysis
- Leadership and brand building: moving beyond short-term KPIs
Huawei's 'Humanly Possible': Amplifying creative campaigns with cutting-edge technology for a truly unique brand identity
- Retaining creativity in the era of tech: bringing together human creativity with technology for a truly disruptive and modern campaign
- How to deliver creative campaigns that integrate multiple channels and platforms for maximum consumer reach
- Translating the ‘big idea’ into reality: valuing, nurturing and recognising truly creative and disruptive marketing strategies
Creative and media: a happy marriage or a collision of two worlds?
- Best-practice examples of creative and media agencies working together to deliver great outcomes for clients
- Creativity vs programmatic: how to retain innovation and originality across channels to stand out from the crowd
- Measuring the effectiveness of creative across different formats to demonstrate tangible results
How are brands and retailers partnering to deliver more effective digital media campaigns?
- What data are retailers surfacing to build effective campaigns for brands?
- How to embed data collaboration into everyday ways of working to drive long-term growth
- How data can deliver greater customer insights, targeting, and cross- channel measurement
Can the industry retain creativity at scale in a fragmented media landscape?
- Overcoming digital disruption: in which channels can you be creative?
- What does the next decade hold in store for creativity in the face of the duopoly?
- What does internet regulation mean for advertising in the short and long term?
Game changer: the rise of eSports and what it means for advertisers
- How to engage effectively with the gaming community
- How to use localized and standardized metrics to track and measure impact and success
- How to appeal to the audience, and understand what they’re looking for
What can addressable TV advertising offer for brands?
- How are brands effectively using the addressable TV channel?
- Will TV be able to offer hyper-targeted advertising and personalisation in 2020?
- Which brands are adopting addressable TV across the industry?
Rebuilding a brand from the inside out
- Reinventing your model in the midst of rising competition and in the wake of reputational damage
- Winning back your consumers in tough economic circumstances by putting them at the heart of your media strategy
- Personalising your storytelling using data and a range of channels to improve reputation and build your brand
The Power of Data: Unlocking Consumer Insights and Real-Time Optimisation
Although 90% of the world’s data has existed for only 2 years, it has revolutionised how businesses operate. Yet, while 92% of marketers consider their businesses to be data-driven, less than a third are optimising their advertising investments in real-time.
Showcasing their latest research report ‘The Truth Behind the Data-Driven Fiction’, LoopMe will provide valuable insights into how the use of data and AI drives brand outcomes.
Building a market disruptor which delivers on scale and on the bottom-line
- Why should both traditional and emerging brands adopt a bolder marketing and business approach to achieve greater impact and market share?
- How can brands achieve scale, impact, and profits by leveraging market disruptor models?
The Future of British Media
- What I have learned after 30 years in the business
- Why the siloed media company is dead, and how AI, free publishing and fake news will impact brands in 2020 and beyond
- How to plan for the future, and underpin your brand purpose from a global perspective
End of conference day
Drinks reception on the British Airways i360, hosted by Teads
Prepare to be treated to amazing views, delicious drinks and canapés and some brilliant entertainment by our partner Teads. Media360 drinks reception will be served 138 meters up, on the British Airways i360 – the world’s tallest moving observation tower, conceived and designed by the creators of the London Eye.
Afterparty and entertainment
Breakfast and networking
Chair’s opening remarks
Using behavioural insights to reconnect with your consumers with a more creative and personalised approach
- Adopt a consumer-first approach to boost audience engagement to impact results on the bottom-line
- Apply key principles of behavioural economics to influence buying behaviours and emotional impact for consumers
- Appeal to wider audiences as part of a global campaign with a deeper understanding of the differences between audiences
Redefining British creativity
- Leveraging your unique identity as an opportunity for growth and creativity
- Overcoming bias to improve and foster creativity
- Breaking down class barriers to promote authentic voices within the industry
- Empowering people to feel included so they bring their best ideas to the table
Using creativity to illustrate value in your brand
- Beyond econometrics: learn why cost-cutting does not drive profits
- Bolster creativity in the boardroom by communicating the value of marketing finance principles
- Understand why pricing is a key part of your brand story and how it can drive revenue growth
Thriving in disruption: driving business growth with agility and creativity
- Driving business and audience growth in the face of new tech giants and changing viewer habits
- Global vs local: tailored advertising strategies for personalised and addressable TV at scale
- Creative renewal in an increasingly programmatic and tech-driven landscape across the media mix
Morning refreshments and networking
12:00 Hub Sessions
Exploring the strategic potential and impact of podcasts
- Capitalising on the potential of native advertising offered by podcasts
- Adopting podcasts as part of an integrated multi-channel campaign
- Understanding the metrics and measurement for podcasts to future-proof media plans
Utilising consumer insights to plan & execute DOOH campaigns
The dynamic and targeted content of digital out-of-home campaigns are one of the most cost-effective and impactful ways to reach your audience, but:
- How are brands using data insights and analytics to get OOH further down the funnel?
- What data can OOH capture and utilise?
- Programmatic in OOH: will automated media buying go mainstream in 2020?
Delivering meaningful advertising with diverse campaigns
- How diversity delivers real results for brand affinity and to the bottom-line
- Championing a commitment to inclusive campaigns that represent diverse communities
12:40 Hub Sessions
The impact of influencer marketing on the bottom line
- Measurement frameworks: how are brands measuring the ROI of influencer spend?
- Creativity and innovation: which brands are doing something new and different in this space?
- The role of influencers: what part do they play within a wider campaign?
Changing at pace: multi-stranded and holistic TV campaign strategies
- How are the viewing habits of consumers shifting?
- How are advertisers accessing viewers through other platforms?
- What is the industry doing to rectify the VOD data-sharing gap?
Big Brother: the ethics of personalisation
- When does targeting and personalisation go too far and impacts audience trust?
- What are the regulatory updates for data privacy and targeting?
- Who decides how businesses use data in the age of addressable and personalisation?
- What are the merits and drawbacks of targeting tightly vs keeping audience targeting broad and reach based?
The future of E-commerce: platforms or owned commerce channels?
- How brands build a direct link with consumers to build data and engagement
- What incumbents can learn and apply from the success of D2C brands
- The Amazon approach: how to stand out with brand presence and creativity
Going behind the scenes of a new client-agency model
- Bringing media capability in-house: learnings to date
- The beauty tech lab: shared client-agency model
- Coders, data analytics and strategists: what are the hottest new skill sets in media?
The business case for a diverse and inclusive workforce
- More than just a tick-box exercise: what are the benefits of an inclusive workplace?
- How can we overcome both perceived and real barriers for implementing change?
- Taking ownership: practical strategies to nurture an inclusive culture at work to drive creativity and growth